PERSUASIVE PRESENTING BLOG
11 Top Tips for a Scintillating 60 SecondsPosted on Jul 26
How good are you at describing your business in just 60 seconds?
Many business events provide opportunities for you to do a 60 second slot and you may have attended a so-called “speed networking” session where you get just one minute to tell someone about your business.
You may like them or loathe them but they are a great free marketing opportunity that many businesses waste.
So many people don’t take advantage of them, or if they do they don’t do it in a way that will generate more business and so see it as a waste of time.
But when it’s done well it can be really effective at helping you to make the valuable contacts that will lead to you winning business.
So how can you make the most of the 60 seconds to generate new business?
Mark Twain once said ” Brevity takes time” and to be concise, informative and engaging takes time and effort and planning.
Here are 11 Top Tips on how to do it in a way that will get you more business…..
1. Have a structure for your 60 seconds because the order in which you present the information really matters.
2. Know what you want to say in advance – being spontaneous is not a good idea because you can come across as not knowing what you are talking about.
3. Think of it as a 60 second “info-mercial” for your business- watch TV ads to see how they do it.
4. Practise doing it again and again so that it becomes second nature to you and you’ll never be stuck for something to say.
5. Grab the attention of your “audience” as soon as you speak.
6. Ring the changes- have several different versions so that it always stays fresh for you and your audience.
7. Let the listeners know how you are different from everyone else in your industry or sector.
8. Think of it as being the beginning of a new business realtionship rather than an opportunity to sell.
9. Choose 1 thing that you do and talk about that rather than trying to cram in everything that you offer.
10. Have a call to action at the end.
11. Enjoy it !
and then don’t forget to follow up on all the new business opportunities you get!
Until next time,
with best wishes for your success,
Cath Daley Ltd
What's the Number 1 Success Killer for any presentation?Find out how you can avoid it...
and get your free download of the unique 7-Part Winning Presentations Mini-course nowDOWNLOAD NOW
- All articles
- Business Presentations
- Communication skills
- Presentation Skills
- Business Pitching
- Social Media
- Business Networking
- Time management
- Public Speaking
- Leadership Development
- Women Leaders
SEARCH BY TAG
SUBSCRIBE TO FEEDS
- The BEM Principle- Ignore it at Your Peril!
- The 6 Ways You Communicate Your Executive Presence – or Don’t!
- You Will Continue to Get What You Don’t Want in 2015 Unless You Make This Change….
- Why Making New Year’s Resolutions is a Waste of Your Time
- 3 Steps to a Stressless Christmas