PERSUASIVE PRESENTING BLOG
Bond, The Queen and Mr. BeanPosted on Aug 02
Unless you have been somewhere where there is no TV, radio or Internet then I’m sure you will have heard , if not seen, Danny Boyle’s opening ceremony at the 2012 Olympics in London.
I was absolutely riveted by it and thought it was truly amazing.
If you were one of the 27 million in the UK, and over a billion people worldwide who watched it along with me then I’m sure you have your own opinion about it – quirky? unfathomable? amazing? brilliant?
Everyone probably has their favourite moments and for me they were:
- James Bond and The Queen “parachuting” into the arena – astonishing because it was so unexpected
- Mr. Bean playing Chariots of Fire – brilliant because it was so hilarious
- The seven young athletes lighting the cauldron – astounding because it was so inspirational
and I’ll remember them for a long time to come.
Now here’s a challenge for you…….
In your next presentation, whatever it may be, how can you:
- astonish your audience by doing something unexpected?
- be brilliant by including something hilarious?
- astound your listeners by being inspirational?
because people love to be amazed, listen to a funny story and be inspired.
And if you do just one of them then your presentation will be the one that is remembered for a long time afterwards.
Until next time,
with best wishes for your success,
Cath Daley Ltd
What's the Number 1 Success Killer for any presentation?Find out how you can avoid it...
and get your free download of the unique 7-Part Winning Presentations Mini-course nowDOWNLOAD NOW
- All articles
- Business Presentations
- Communication skills
- Presentation Skills
- Business Pitching
- Social Media
- Business Networking
- Time management
- Public Speaking
- Leadership Development
- Women Leaders
SEARCH BY TAG
SUBSCRIBE TO FEEDS
- The BEM Principle- Ignore it at Your Peril!
- The 6 Ways You Communicate Your Executive Presence – or Don’t!
- You Will Continue to Get What You Don’t Want in 2015 Unless You Make This Change….
- Why Making New Year’s Resolutions is a Waste of Your Time
- 3 Steps to a Stressless Christmas