I’ve been asked if I could give you a quick, shorter version so here it is!
If you want to increase the chances that someone will be persuaded by your request- whatever that is then here are 6 shortcuts that you can take away and use immediately.
1. Reciprocity– give them something for free in exchange for their contact details.
2. Scarcity– don’t give all of your key information at once. Instead provide a “teaser” so that you leave them wanting more.
3. Authority– be aware of what you are communicating non-verbally. Check your body language and gestures convey your authority rather than undermine it.
4. Consistency– every time you present ensure it is to the same high quality and use a planning process
5. Liking– be likeable. Smile, connect and engage your audience quickly.
6. Consensus– use social proof. Tell stories about how you’ve helped your clients to achieve results.
Until next time,
With best wishes for your success,
If you like this post please share using the social media buttons at the top of the post.
Cath Daley Ltd.
You can see the longer versions and get more ideas of how to be more persuasive by clicking on the following links: